2019/20 School Year
Impact | Puget Sound Elementary (Tukwila, WA)
The 2019-2020 school year is quickly approaching and Impact Public Schools (IPS) invites passionate elementary educators to apply for the position of Lead Teacher at Impact | Puget Sound Elementary located in Tukwila, WA (just south of Seattle). Teaching at Impact is a unique opportunity. We are deeply committed to achieving our mission of preparing a diverse population of students to succeed in college and impact communities as the next generation of equity-driven, innovative leaders. Our schools are small, tightly-knit families where every child is known, guided by an individual learning plan and loved by an adult mentor. Our strong community is rooted in high expectations, joy and exudes our core values:
Bold Ambitions - We envision self-driven students and adults who develop the skills, habits and mindsets to impact communities and invent the future; we support one another in achieving step-by-step excellence along the way.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity strengthens and enlivens us. Dissatisfied yet optimistic, we bring a lens of equity and inclusion to each decision and each day.
Team WA - All of Washington is our team. We are powerful when we work together, so we build relationships based on empathy and strive together towards outstanding outcomes for all public school students.
Everyone Grows - We approach each day as an opportunity to learn and grow. We work hard towards our own just-right goals, cheering each other on as we redefine potential.
Play Big - We celebrate. We wonder. We ask. We make and invent and imagine. We play big.
Intention - In the tiny and the huge, we keep the end in mind and reflect on the potential effects of our choices.
Through over thirty days of paid professional development, consistent high-impact instructional coaching, and personalized career pathways, we are deeply committed to each team member’s growth.
Responsibilities of an IPS Lead Teacher:
Serve as a mentor to students as the foundation and heart of our school community
- Coach, support and advocate for mentees throughout their academic career
- Start each day with student mentees to set and monitor long-term, mid-term and short-term goals
Guide outstanding academic achievement and student character development
- Build an empowering learning environment that excites and invests students in their learning
- Inspire students to realize their unique academic, social and emotional potential
- Exemplify IPS’s core values in all interactions with students, families, and colleagues
- Utilize data to drive instruction and intervention
Commit to professional learning, development, and growth
- Collaborate with coach and school team to contribute to culture-building and improve leadership and instructional skills
- Actively engage in a strong, supportive community of adult learning, professional development, and team planning
Skills and Characteristics:
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for subject matter
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- High level of instructional and classroom management skills
- Strong belief in the IPS mission and educational model, including experience implementing or a passionate desire to learn how to integrate elements of project based learning, personalization and social emotional learning into instruction
- High moral character
- Ability to connect with and motivate a diverse student population
- Values the importance of working in a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment
- Exhibits a growth mindset as an educator and lifelong learner
- Positive and effective collaborator
Educational Background/Work Experience and Eligibility:
- Teaching experience with proven record of student growth
- Bachelor’s degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement and extracurricular leadership
- Passionate about learning
- Washington teaching certificate (or a commitment to obtain one)
- Must pass background check
Commitment to Diversity:
IPS seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and recruiting a team that reflects the diversity of our student movement.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equal employment opportunity and respect in the workplace are fundamental principles at Impact Public Schools (IPS). IPS prohibits and does not tolerate harassment, intimidation, bullying, discriminatory, or retaliatory behavior. All aspects of your employment are based upon your personal capabilities and qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex/gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, disability, age, military status, marital status, partnership status, status as a victim of domestic violence, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected class as established by federal, state, or local law. The following employee has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Jen Wickens, CEO, 3438 S. 148th St., Tukwila , WA 98186, (206) 712-7640, jwickens@
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. IPS offers all teachers a full benefits package and extensive opportunities for professional growth.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining in detail your qualifications for the position.