2019 - 2020
The School Manager is responsible for all manners of non-instructional duties in an IPS school. The School Manager is critical to the IPS school model, which seeks to relieve the principal of most operations related obligations so that they can focus almost exclusively on student achievement and the professional development of the teaching faculty. The School Manager reports to the Assistant Principal, Operations and is also supported by the Home Office operations team.
Bold Ambitions - We envision self-driven students and adults who develop the skills, habits and mindsets to impact communities and invent the future; we support one another in achieving step-by-step excellence along the way.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity strengthens and enlivens us. Dissatisfied yet optimistic, we bring a lens of equity and inclusion to each decision and each day.
Team WA - All of Washington is our team. We are powerful when we work together, so we build relationships based on empathy and strive together towards outstanding outcomes for all public school students.
Everyone Grows - We approach each day as an opportunity to learn and grow. We work hard towards our own just-right goals, cheering each other on as we redefine potential.
Play Big - We celebrate. We wonder. We ask. We make and invent and imagine. We play big.
Intention - In the tiny and the huge, we keep the end in mind and reflect on the potential effects of our choices.
Essential Functions of the IPS School Manager:
Family & Student Engagement
- Maintain a warm, friendly, and organized front desk
- Maintain positive relationships with families with a customer service orientation, addressing family and student needs as they arise throughout the day and throughout pick up
- Warmly welcome students to the school during arrival and ensure the campus is open and ready to serve students
- Draft and send regular family communications and direct communications in support of school culture efforts
- Attend and manage family engagement events which occur from time to time and which may be held in the evening hours
- Manage student enrollment and disenrollment process, collection of family paperwork, and submit required reports
- Manage daily attendance process, including reconciling, managing tardies/early dismissals, and generating and submitting internal and external reports
- Maintain a clean, neat and highly functional campus by organizing student artwork, conducting regular building and site walkthroughs, coordinating with custodial personnel and cleaning up student accidents when janitor is unavailable.
- Coordinate with food and transportation service providers as needed.
- Manage the School’s supply and asset inventory, place and closely track school purchase orders, unpack and distribute mail and packages, and support assembly/distribution of instructional and operational resources
- Ensure that student records are properly maintained and updated
- Manage room reservations and space use, including coordinating with visitors.
- Collaborate with Assistant Principal of Operations to ensure safe and
- Serve breakfast and lunch on time. Food comes prepared so this is primarily heating food according to standards and distributing to classrooms.
- Maintain a clean, organized, hazard-free kitchen environment focusing on sanitation and quality control. Operate equipment safely and efficiently, and monitor for needed repairs.
- Maintain accurate records and receive food deliveries.
Knowledge, Skills and Characteristics:
- Warm and high-energy presence to effectively welcome families to the school
- Acute attention to detail coupled with the ability to think and act strategically
- Communication, management, and problem-solving skills necessary to ensure smooth school operation
- Ability to create, monitor, and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, highly disciplined, but sometimes unpredictable school environment
- Willingness to work autonomously, collaboratively, and/or under the direction of senior staff, as needed
- Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and roll-up-my-sleeves attitude
- Strong belief in the IPS mission and educational model
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-4 years general management and/or school operations experience a plus
- Previous start-up experience and/or experience in a high-performing school a plus
- Ability to speak Amharic, Spanish, Somali, or Tigrinya a plus
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. IPS offers a full benefits package and opportunities for professional growth.
Commitment to Diversity:
IPS seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and recruiting a team that reflects the diversity of our student movement.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equal employment opportunity and respect in the workplace are fundamental principles at Impact Public Schools (IPS). IPS prohibits and does not tolerate harassment, intimidation, bullying, discriminatory, or retaliatory behavior. All aspects of your employment are based upon your personal capabilities and qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex/gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, disability, age, military status, marital status, partnership status, status as a victim of domestic violence, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected class as established by federal, state, or local law. The following employee(s) has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Jen Wickens, CEO, 3438 S. 148th St., Tukwila , WA 98186, (206)712-7640, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, explaining in detail your qualifications for the position.