2020-2021 School Year
WHO YOU ARE
Are you interested in pursuing a teaching career and do not yet have a certification but do have experience working as a paraeducator or Pre-K teacher? If you are passionate about serving all students and have a fierce commitment to equity then consider launching your teaching career with Impact in this full time role.
Bold Ambitions - We envision self-driven students and adults who develop the skills, habits and mindsets to impact communities and invent the future; we support one another in achieving step-by-step excellence along the way.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity strengthens and enlivens us. Dissatisfied yet optimistic, we bring a lens of equity and inclusion to each decision and each day.
Team WA - All of Washington is our team. We are powerful when we work together, so we build relationships based on empathy and strive together towards outstanding outcomes for all public school students.
Everyone Grows - We approach each day as an opportunity to learn and grow. We work hard towards our own just-right goals, cheering each other on as we redefine potential.
Play Big - We celebrate. We wonder. We ask. We make and invent and imagine. We play big.
Intention - In the tiny and the huge, we keep the end in mind and reflect on the potential effects of our choices.
Why This is a Unique Opportunity
- Teacher Residents gain real experience in the classroom co-teaching with an experienced educator who has a track record of success
- Teacher Residents get individualized coaching and attend weekly professional development aimed at building key teaching skills
- Teacher Residents are encouraged to seek a Washington teaching certification. After one year of experience, Fellows enrolled in certification programs can apply for teaching jobs in Impact schools.
Commitment to Diversity
IPS seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and recruiting a team that reflects the diversity of our student movement.
Impact is hiring for two schools, both located in racially, linguistically, and socioeconomically diverse communities. Impact | Puget Sound Elementary is located in Tukwila, just south of Seattle. Impact | Salish Sea Elementary is located in Seattle’s Central District. There are openings at both campuses for the 2020-2021 school year.
Teaching at Impact is a unique opportunity. We are deeply committed to achieving our mission of preparing a diverse population of students to succeed in college and impact communities as the next generation of equity-driven, innovative leaders. Our schools are tightly-knit families where every child is known, loved by an adult mentor and guided to achieve their unique, limitless potential. Our strong community is rooted in joyful rigor and committed to the following core values:
Support Lead Teacher in Implementing High Quality Classroom Instruction
- Collaborate with lead teacher to build an empowering learning environment that excites and invests students in their learning
- Work with lead teacher in delivery of daily instructional program, including literacy, math, and social emotional learning lessons
- Exemplify IPS’s core values in all interactions with students, families, and colleagues
- Implement academic interventions for students based on data
Serve as a Mentor to Students
- Coach, support and advocate for mentees throughout their academic career
- Start each day with student mentees to set and monitor their goals
In Collaboration with Colleagues, Plan and Execute an Enrichment Class
- Plan weekly lessons based on IPS instructional frameworks
- Implement lessons aligned with IPS core instructional and behavioral practices
- Reflect on progress made after each lesson
Commit to professional learning, development, and growth
- Engage in regular coaching with an instructional coach
- Actively participate in ongoing professional development
Skills and Characteristics
- Enthusiasm for elementary education
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to connect with a diverse student population
- Strong belief in the IPS mission and educational model, including a desire to learn how to integrate elements of project based learning, personalization and social emotional learning into instruction
- High moral character
- Value the importance of working in a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment
- Exhibit a growth mindset
- Positive and effective collaborator
Educational Background/Work Experience and Eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree
- An outstanding record of academic achievement and extracurricular leadership
- Strong desire to become a credentialed teacher
- Passionate about learning
- Must pass background check
- Direct experience working as a Pre-K teacher or Paraprofessional in the elementary setting
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. IPS offers all teachers a full benefits package and extensive opportunities for professional growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity and respect in the workplace are fundamental principles at Impact Public Schools (IPS). IPS prohibits and does not tolerate harassment, intimidation, bullying, discriminatory, or retaliatory behavior. All aspects of your employment are based upon your personal capabilities and qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex/gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, disability, age, military status, marital status, partnership status, status as a victim of domestic violence, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected class as established by federal, state, or local law. The following employee(s) has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Jen Wickens, CEO, 3438 S. 148th St., Tukwila , WA 98186, (206)712-7640, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, explaining in detail your qualifications for the position.